Monday, July 9, 2007

New Cover Art for My Next Book

I'v posted the cover art for my next book, "Corpses So Lively," at my website, LivelyCorpses.com. Again Niki Browning is the artist.

The cover depicts a scene from the book in which the main character, Alfred Rhys Smythe is battling a female vampire he is attempting to capture. The novel, which is the first part of three in my trilogy entitled "My Soul to Take," will be coming from Mundania Press soon.

There are been a delay in the release of the book and as soon as I have updated information on its release date, I'll post it on my website and here.

"My Soul to Take" is set in 1897 Victorian England and involves a horde of vampires plaguing the city's theatre district. The protagonist character is a college professor who has returned to England after being abroad for many years. The trilogy offers plenty of creepy atmosphere and lots of action as the professor investigates and battles the vampires in an effort to discover the identity of the vampire lord. Part II, "Enter Death, Stage Right," will be released later this year, with Part III, "The Vampire Lord Unmasked," hitting the shelves next spring.

3 comments:

Cate said...

Your book sounds really interesting -- I am a huge fan of Angel and Buffy; your vampire character who regrets his actions seems like maybe it's in the same genre...(or, maybe not -- I don't mean to offend, if you don't like those shows) What is your target age group? I am a teacher, and I noticed in one of your reviews that the reviewer noted the lack of overt sexuality in your book, and for my students who are interested in undead type-readings, I am always looking for books like that for them.

ckoskey@hotmail.com
Blog:
http://hooperbaytundra.blogspot.com

William A. Veselik said...

Cate,
Actually, the reviewer at MonsterLibrarian.com noted that "Weep Not for the Vampire" would be an appropriate book for adults or young adults.

Anonymous said...

Hi ya bill.. I can't wait for your next set of books to come out.. i loved your first book and I kept myself interested and on the edge of my seat.. I think you are an amazing person and I think you are an amazing writer.. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next set of your books. Good luck.

Love Always,
Brittany